Upgrade from an Earlier Version
Different versions of Cognatio can be installed on the same computer. The upgrade procedure is therefore very simple:
- Download the new version of Cognatio.
- Run the downloaded file. This will install the new version on your computer.
- If you have already bought a license, you don't need to buy a new one:
- Retrieve your license name and license key either from the email you got immediately after buying the license, or open your old version of Cognatio and select Help / License. The license name and key are displayed in the popup window.
- Open the new version of Cognatio and select Help / License. Insert your license name and key and press OK. You have now unlocked the Standard Edition.
- If you have added names to the given name list and want to keep this in the new version:
- Copy the file named Cognatio.ndb from the folder of the old version of Cognatio (usually "C:\Program Files\Cognatio x.y.z") to the folder of the new version.
- You may now uninstall the old version.